CLEARING CRYSTALS ~
Crystals and healing gemstones need to be cleared as soon as they are purchased as well as clearing after every healing. A cleared, ready crystal feels positive, tingly and cold to the touch. A crystal that needs clearing may feel hot, heavy or drained. The clearer the energy of a healing stone, the more powerful it is. There are many of ways to effectively clear crystals and gemstones. Here are a few examples.
1. SMOKE CLEANSING - A quick way to cleanse your healing stones is to hold them over burning cedar or sage. Smoke cleansing is an excellent way to make sure your stones are purified. Simply hold the burning sage/ cedar/ rosemary stick while passing your stone through the smoke. -Incense (Usually sage, sandalwood, sweetgrass, cedar, , incense, rosemary,lavender frankincense) can also be used.
2. MOONLIGHT - Moonlight is another way of clearing your gemstones. Simply place outside from the Full to the New Moon. Waning Moons are good times to clear crystals, to dispel old energies, but any time works. The amount of time used varies with the sensitivity of the healer and the amount of material from which the stone needs cleansing. It is not recommended to place your crystals and gemstones in the sunlight, many stones tend to fade their colors in the sun. Also internal fractures may cause your stone to crack or break if placed in the sun. -Candle light (Usually a white candle) is also an option.
3. Buried in a cupful of DRIED HERBS - will also clear it. Some Suggested herbs for this are rose petals, sage, frankincense, myrrh, and sandalwood. This is a gentle way to clear crystals, and a pleasant way, but it does take longer than the sea salt method.
4. Buried into the Earth - This is especially helpful when you feel deep cleansing is needed. Outdoors, simply dig a hole the size of your crystal into the Earth, place your crystal ,again point down, and cover with soil. The amount of time needed is personal choice. Don’t forget where you buried your crystal.
5. The Sacred Breath- Some like to use this method of ‘blowing away’ any negativity from the stone, simply hold the stone in your hand and blow on it, while blowing ask your higher self to cleanse the crystal. -Breath you can also kiss them for similar results.
6. Using Reiki - If you are a Reiki practitioner, you can also “Reiki” your stones and crystals, simply by holding them in your dominant hand and setting the intention for your crystals to be cleansed.
7. WATER - place some crystals in running water either natural or tap water.
PRECAUTION: Some crystals get damaged by sun, salt, and water. I suggest you reaserch about your crystal before choosing a method.